Well, we arrived home about a week ago now from our long, but enjoyable vacation to Mama and Papa's house in Colorado. I did not realize that I had forgotten my camera until we were already three hours from home. (now you know why there have been no new posts for weeks) The last week has been very tiring and busy. For those of you who have not heard, we did accept an offer on our house and after some minor obstacles and hurdles, the offer we put in on a house has now been accepted as well. All I can say is, "Praise the Lord" for He is the one who made all this happen. As we drove through the night to Colorado, Nick and I kept ourselves awake by delving into "theological" discussions. At that point we were still unsure how everything was going to work out with the housing situation. I told Nick that it seemed everything I prayed for just wasn't meant to be. In those early morning hours something simple and yet profound that he said really hit home. Nick (my "little" brother mind you) reminded me that even though we cannot fully understand it, "Prayer Changes Things". We discussed the mystery of it all how that even though God's divine plan is known from beginning to end, He commands us to pray and teaches us how to pray. Then in turn He hears and answers OUR prayers according to His will. Wow!! We have seen this first hand over the past several weeks. And now as the daunting task of moving approaches and as we prepare to send Hunter off for his first day of school next week, we are calmly assured of the fact that God will see us through it all. Please continue to pray as we look forward to closing on September 26th and before that on August 27th as we send Hunter off to school. Thank you to all who have upheld us in prayer up to this point. We KNOW God has heard!Friday, August 22, 2008
"Prayer Changes Things"
Well, we arrived home about a week ago now from our long, but enjoyable vacation to Mama and Papa's house in Colorado. I did not realize that I had forgotten my camera until we were already three hours from home. (now you know why there have been no new posts for weeks) The last week has been very tiring and busy. For those of you who have not heard, we did accept an offer on our house and after some minor obstacles and hurdles, the offer we put in on a house has now been accepted as well. All I can say is, "Praise the Lord" for He is the one who made all this happen. As we drove through the night to Colorado, Nick and I kept ourselves awake by delving into "theological" discussions. At that point we were still unsure how everything was going to work out with the housing situation. I told Nick that it seemed everything I prayed for just wasn't meant to be. In those early morning hours something simple and yet profound that he said really hit home. Nick (my "little" brother mind you) reminded me that even though we cannot fully understand it, "Prayer Changes Things". We discussed the mystery of it all how that even though God's divine plan is known from beginning to end, He commands us to pray and teaches us how to pray. Then in turn He hears and answers OUR prayers according to His will. Wow!! We have seen this first hand over the past several weeks. And now as the daunting task of moving approaches and as we prepare to send Hunter off for his first day of school next week, we are calmly assured of the fact that God will see us through it all. Please continue to pray as we look forward to closing on September 26th and before that on August 27th as we send Hunter off to school. Thank you to all who have upheld us in prayer up to this point. We KNOW God has heard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
We are rejoicing with you!! Enjoy the packing - I am finding that it seems to never end!!
Blessings,
~Martie
So glad to know you haven't fallen off the edge of the world. :)
Seriously, we're so thankful for all the news and can't wait to hear the details -- especially about Wednesday!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment