Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Hope...Found!!

Today was a day filled with nervous anticipation. We awoke early to be sure we had EVERYTHING ready to go on time. We loaded up the car and headed on our way to the first day of summer school for Hunter. My mind was racing through the night wondering if Hunter was ready for this day. "Had I done enough to prepare him?" "Had we as parents made the right decision in sending him?" We arrived very early this morning giving Hunter time to look around the classroom, talk with his teacher and of course, it gave me time to get used to the idea. As I walked out the door, I paused for quite some time to watch through the window..."OH dear, this was really happening!" I know it is only summer school and it was only for a couple of hours. But, this was a monumental day that we thought would never come. Those two hours seemed to drag forever as we waited to pick him up. I kept my cell phone close at hand...just in case! Well, we arrived (early, of course) to pick him up. We found him out on the playground for recess where he was having a great time and didn't even stop to acknowledge his sister who was calling out to him repeatedly. After a story time to follow, he came out of the classroom "beaming" from ear to ear. The ride home didn't seem so long because it was filled with chatter as Hunter actually relayed to us all he could remember doing at his "first day of school". He told of his two new friends he had made. My heart filled with joy and peace flooded my soul...esp. after receiving an e-mail back from his teacher about the "Great day Hunter had at school!" I knew then that we had done the right thing. This opportunity has been worth every ounce of faith it has taken to see it through. It is worth every penny we put into our gas tank. And hopefully,...it will soon be worth a move. (we are still praying!) I know this was only the beginning and only time will tell. But, we needed this first day... a day where New Hope was Found!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Martha said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!! So happy for Hunter and God's leading in your lives. We will continue to pray that God will sell your house. (Listen there is a really nice house in Kaukauna for sale that would be PERFECT for you!!) LOL

the Brusses said...

I can't believe it's here. I can't imagine driving away and leaving him. I don't think I even want to know what that was like! So glad to hear he had a great first day. We're praying for many, many more like it!!